Brownfield definition: A brownfield is an abandoned, idled, or underused industrial or commercial facility in which redevelopment is burdened by real or potential environmental contamination.* Typical businesses that leave behind such contaminated sites:
· Gas stations
· Oil refinery
This week, we covered brownfields redevelopment, and reuse of underutilized urban and suburban buildings and land for uses that support RLS. Think about the community you’ve selected for your final project, (community is Walnut Creek, CA) and consider the following:
1. Buildings or lots that you drive or walk by everyday that could be put to better use (e.g. a vacant lot, a abandoned property, an aging strip mall, a derelict industrial site, an old school, etc.).
2. The income to the local government from taxes – sales, property, business license – and other revenues, and how it could be different with another use.
3. The possible burden of the property on city services., like crime and grime.
Describe the site, and what you would like to see on the site. And discuss the following:
1. The type of development(s) you would like to see there.
2. The potential benefits from reusing the site for the use(s) you are proposing.
3. The pushback you may receive from the property owner, the neighbors or the general public from the proposed reuse(s) you are proposing. What concerns could others people have about your proposal? And what points you can offer to change their minds.
· Write a 2 page paper, single space, reference and in-text citations. The paper can be text only, any graphics/tables, photos you desire within the paper.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more