11. Unit 4
You are the CEO of a major corporation whose databases were recently hacked, and sensitive customer information was stolen. The media has persistently asked you for some kind of statement regarding the situation and what the corporation is doing to protect its customers and prevent this from happening again. Would you, as the CEO, speak out about the crisis, or would you choose a frontline spokesperson to represent the corporation? Explain your choice.
Address the following questions (even if you choose yourself as CEO to make the statements):
· Please begin your essay assignment with an introduction for the reader about the crisis and how best to handle the situation.
· Formulate your crisis message using the Crisis and Emergency Risk Communication (CERC) model.
· What are the essential elements of an effective spokesperson in a crisis?
· What criteria are considered in selecting that particular person?
· Why do you think it would be important to have a well-trained spokesperson speak for the corporation during a crisis such as this one?
· Why might the media wish to speak with frontline employees during a crisis?
· How would you, as CEO, correct erroneous information given out by the spokesperson?
Research sources to support your ideas. Your essay should be a minimum of two-pages in APA format. You must include a minimum of two sources, at least one source from the CSU Online Library.
Simulated News Conference
Imagine yourself in the role of city manager, CEO, or spokesperson during a crisis situation. Write a simulated news conference essay that includes the following components:
· an introduction and description of your crisis, including the stage of the crisis at which the press conference is taking place;
· a description of what type of relationship you would want to have with certain types of media at this point and what you could do to establish that relationship;
· a summary of how you will conduct a press conference, including what types of media will attend, who will manage the start and finish of the conference, and who will be the designated spokesperson; and
· three trick questions that the reporters may ask in this particular situation; provide your planned answers to these trick questions.
A data breach could cause a catastrophe for various types of businesses. The possibility that confidential customer information as well as internal corporate information, like the inventory lists, transaction histories and other confidential data, is affected is something that every business would never want to be in a position to experience. Loss of confidence in the consumer can have a far greater impact on the operation of a business than direct financial losses that arise from fraudulent orders and transfer transactions. The first step to avoid the possibility of a data breach is to understand the causes of the factors that lead to it. The findings of a research carried out by CompTIA and released by shrm.org show that human error is the reason for 52 percent of the fundamental causes that cause security breach. Cont…
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more