Please note that the structure of this assignment differs from the other written assignments in this course. You must complete all sections of this assignment; I recommend completing the Visual Literacy Component First. The graphs for this component are included in the attached PDF Document.
1. Compare the budget of the state of Texas and the budget of the state of Massachusetts. How are the states similar in how they spend money and how are the states different? How would you expect life to be different in Massachusetts compared to Texas based on how the governments spend their money? Base your arguments on the multiple sources provided and not your own guess. (CT 1 and CT2)
2. Life in Texas and Massachusetts can be very different, but that does not make one superior to the other. Which state is more suitable to live in is determined by how one defines a quality life. What factors do believe would lead to a high quality of life? How you rate different life factors can be your opinion, but the factors you use should be based on research. How do you think living in Texas, and spending by the Texas state government, influence your perspective on what is a quality life? (CT 3 and CT 4)
3. Looking back at spending by the states of Texas and Massachusetts what would happen if each state changed its spending priorities. How would you expect altering state spending would harm or enhance the quality of life for people living in that state? Be sure to mention specific spending changes and base your argument on how you would define quality of life. (CT 5)
Texas Government Common Assignment
Visual Literacy Component
1. Describe what the graphs look like visually. Pretend that the reader is not able to see the graphs and give as much detail as possible. (VL 1)
2. What information are the graphs presenting? What are the graphs telling you about? Take the information that is presented visually and communicate it to the reader in written form. (VL 2)
3. What does the information in these graphs mean for the government of Texas versus the government of Massachusetts? How would the residents of each of the states be affected by the information presented in the graphs? (VL3)
Texas Government Common Assignment – Articles
“Why Texas Is Our Future” Time Magazine article
“Why Greg Abbott Says Texas Is the Top Technology State in the US” CNBC article
“Massachusetts Is the Best State in the Union” Slate article
Massachusetts The Best State in nation according to US News & World Report” CBS Boston news article
Visual Literacy Component Reference Graph #1
Visual Literacy Component Reference Graph #2
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more