14. 1. Provide patient and family centered nursing care to adults with complex health needs using theories and principles of nursing and related disciplines. (PO 1)
2. Initiate the use of appropriate resources in direct care responsibilities within complex adult health situations. (PO 2)
3. Demonstrate effective therapeutic communication and relationship skills in family centered nursing care to adults with complex health needs. (PO 3)
4. Demonstrate effective clinical decision making based on critical thinking skills and legal, ethical, and professional standards and principles when caring for patients and families with complex adult health needs. (POs 4 and 6)
5. Implement a plan of care for continued personal, professional, and educational development related to nursing practice with complex adult health situations. (PO 5)
7. Use evidence including research findings from nursing and related disciplines to answer clinical questions related to nursing care of patients with complex adult health needs. (PO 8)
Due date: Your faculty member will inform you when this assignment is due. The Late Assignment Policy applies to this assignment.
Total points possible: 100 points
Preparing the assignment
Follow these guidelines when completing this assignment. Speak with your faculty member if you have questions.
1) Choose a therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
2) Examples of a therapeutic modality include Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation, Automatic rotating pronation beds, right and/or left ventricular assist devices, nontraditional ventilator modes.
3) Examples of healthcare technology can include regional O2 saturation monitoring (NIRS).
4) Refer to your faculty member if your selection requires prior approval.
5) Write a 4-5 page paper (not including the title page or reference page) using APA format.
6) For APA, formatting, or grammar assistance visit the APA Citation and Writing page in the online library.
7) Include the following sections (detailed criteria listed below and in the Grading Rubric):
a. Introduction – 5 points/5%
· The chosen therapeutic modality or healthcare technology meets one of the following criteria:
· Has been introduced recently at the bedside for care of the complex adult patient.
· Is a non-traditional modality for very ill patients in special circumstances.
· Is being used in a new way to treat a patient with complex needs.
· Requires specific training above and beyond general entry-level nursing education.
· Introduce the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
( NR341 -OL RUA Interdisciplinary Guidelines V 1 ) ( 1 )
NR341 Complex Adult Health
RUA Interdisciplinary Management of Healthcare Technology Guidelines
· Name the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
· A brief fictional case is used to illustrate the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
b. Explanation and Background– 15 points/15%
· Include a clear description of the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
· Discuss how the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology works.
· Describe the patient population it is used for.
· Include medication, safety, and cost considerations as applicable.
c. Risks and Benefits– 15 points/15%
· Describe how the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology can benefit the patient.
· Discuss ways to promote positive outcomes.
· Explain the complications that may arise.
· Discuss considerations for preventing complications.
d. Interdisciplinary team’s Roles and Responsibilities– 20 points/20%
· Identify all interdisciplinary team members caring for the patient, such as respiratory therapy, assistive personnel, providers, case managers, clinical nurse specialists, and researchers.
· Describe the roles and responsibilities of each member of the healthcare team that is involved in the use of the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
· Discuss the roles and responsibilities of the nurse as a member of the interdisciplinary team caring for the patient.
e. Nursing Scope of Practice – 15 points/15%
· Discuss the knowledge needed for the Registered Nurse to provide care for the patient using the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
· Describe skills needed for the Registered Nurse to provide care for the patient using therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
· Discuss attitudes needed for the Registered Nurse to provide care for the patient using therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
f. Patient Education – 20 points/20%
· Describe the information to be taught to the patient and/or family.
· Discuss how information will be taught.
· Explain how the effectiveness of the teaching will be evaluated.
g. Conclusion – 5 points/5%
· Provide a summary of the paper.
· No new information is introduced.
· Include additional resources for further learning.
To promote positive outcomes for patients and to improve the perception of quality care It is vital to offer healthcare services that meet the requirements of patients and caregivers. This fulfills a vital need for patient-centered care. In order for patients to receive appropriate treatment and recovery it is essential to establish efficient communication between the medical professional and patient. So, personalized care that takes into account patients’ health issues as well as their attitudes and other context is crucial to giving the best health outcomesthat reflect long-standing nursing practices (Abukari and Pammla in 2021). Integrating this concept into assessments, design of facilities policies, programs as well as everyday interactions, nurses who utilize family-centered strategies for care recognize the importance to include families in the assessment, delivery, and treatment planning. Nursing theories are a collection of information that explain nursing , its roles, and motives of nurses. The theories of nursing offer a method to define nurses as distinct area which stands out from the other disciplines (Wayne 2020). It is a conceptual and practical framework designed to guide the practice of nursing in more precise and focused way. Cont…
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more