11. Choose a contemporary controversial artwork dating after 1980 or the late 20th-century-21st. Controversial art can be defined as artwork that is so shocking that the public tried to have it removed from public view and sued the artist. The controversial artwork offends the public’s values in terms of legal copyrights, religion, sex, profanity, politics, moral values, racism, artistic merit, etc.
1)Explain its significance, and why the public rejected it.
2) What was the artist’s intent or message?
3) What is the artwork’s merit or relevance for contemporary art today?
4) Censor pornography, defamation and obscenities (which are illegal within a college classroom) with black strips.
5) Is controversial art an important part of our modern society? Is it essential to uphold the Constitution’s First Amendment rightto freedom of speech? Are there or should there be exceptions?
6) Was there litigation against the artist? Was the artist forced to remove the artwork? Who complained about the artwork and why?
Imagine that you’re gazing at a photo of Christ’s cross. Imagine this image put into a bottle that contains the artist’s urine. What kind of emotions do you get? The artwork was created around 1987, by American artist Andres Serrano (Campbell in 2017,). The piece was highly controversial between artists. He was an orthodox Christian and saw his work as a way to communicate about the conflict between the sacred as well as the common. He did not pick the substance which he took by chance. Though he admitted that nobody ever asked him why but he had his motives. Christ’s urine, as well as his blood, was derived from him, so there’s a holy part of the idea. Art should create emotion in people It’s not acceptable for art to be indifferent. This is an excellent example of that, without doubt. The photographer Andres Serrano’s “Piss Christ” of a crucifix dipped with his own urine received with a lot of outrage when he revealed the image (Campbell 2017, 2017). A few conservative U.S. Senators publicly opposed their actions, and then the topic of support from the public for the arts was the subject of discussion. Cont…
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more