For this discussion, students will explore the elements of the APRN consensus model. Created in by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing in 2008 to promote near nationwide full-practice authority for APRNs by the year 2015, there are still several inconsistencies in its implementation with subsequent effects on healthcare access, cost, and quality. Critical Elements for a Class
Discussion: Refer to the assignment instructions for details on required content, word limits, required references, due dates, Turnitin requirements, etc. The instructions, rubric, and video are meant to work together to help you meet expectations and should not be used in place of one another. The following critical elements should guide your postings:
Assignment Directions: Click on the three-dot menu icon in the upper right corner to view the grading rubric for this assignment. Overall, points are awarded based on the quality of the posts and the degree to which the submissions contribute to the class discussion. Postings should reflect application of the assigned lesson materials. Peer-reviewed references, information from professional organization sites, and evidence (results of formal inquiry published in the literature) are your primary types of support and are necessary to develop posts as expected.
3 Discuss how regulatory, state, and institutional barriers to APRN practice affect (a) healthcare costs, (b) access to care, and (c) quality of care. Discuss and support each required factor individually being sure to include current research data and examples for each. Your discussion must identify specific barriers and illustrate how each of the factors listed above are affected as a result.
2 Discuss the status of the APRN consensus model’s implementation in your home state, state of residence, or intended state of employment. This section should include all of the following:
â—¦What title is used for advanced practice nurses in your state? List each of the
APRN roles that are recognized as well as any that are not.
â—¦Is the term “licensure” used for APRN roles in your state? If not, what term(s)
â—¦Is a graduate or post graduate degree required in your state to practice in an
advanced practice role?
â—¦Is national certification required in your state to practice in an advanced practice role?
â—¦Do APRN roles allow for independent practice in your state? Not independent? No authority?
â—¦Do the APRN roles allow for independent prescribing in your state? Not
independent? No authority?
/3 Choose and discuss ONE (1) of the following related to current APRN policy issues:
A. Summarize current information on the mental health status of healthcare providers. What effect does mental health challenges have on providers, the healthcare system, and the ability to educate new generations of providers? Describe a policy idea (federal, state, board of nursing, or organizational) that may improve the impact of this issue.
B. Discuss how current payment and reimbursement models hinder the ability of providers and organizations to address health disparities. Identify proposed changes to payment and reimbursement and describe how they work to address health disparities.
C. As pressure rises for the government to make pandemic-related telehealth flexibilities
permanent, discuss what other policy considerations are needed in order for telehealth to be effective at mitigating access and quality gaps. Consider factors such as broadband and technology access, reimbursement models, and cultural competence.
D. Discuss the potential of telehealth to mitigate treatment barriers in stigmatized populations (eg, HIV positive, mental health, behavioral health, LGBTQ+). Summarize current research that supports the ability of telehealth to improve outcomes in these populations.
E. Summarize up-to-date information on a problem that APRNs will increasingly face as a result of the pandemic (eg, opioid misuse, intimate partner violence, child abuse, decreasing pediatric vaccine rates) and explain how the pandemic increased its incidence. What policy changes are needed to address the problem.
5 Identify and discuss legislation regarding the APRN role in your home state, state of residence, or intended state of employment: What legislation is currently proposed? What previous legislation has been successful? What previous legislation has failed? Include bill numbers and titles if named. Cite and reference legislation in APA format.
/2 Summarize and share an example of nurses’ or APRNs’ successful participation in healthcare policy initiatives. These may be local, state, or federal examples and should be something other than the one provided in the keynote. Include a brief background on the issue, what the nurses did, and the outcome of their work.
/2 Substantial cross posts to at least one (1) other student who covered a different state than yourself. The cross post provides new or supplemental information to the original posting or raises additional areas for discussion. A new or additional peer-reviewed reference should be cited.
/15 Total Points
Additional Instructions for Discussions
â€¢Each student will submit an initial discussion post of approximately 750-1000 words in the discussion. Support your discussion with at least 5 references, the majority of which should be peer-reviewed. Primary references should be published within the last five (5) years. No title page is required.
“Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results.”
1. Professional & Expert Writers: We only hire the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of master’s and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. We are known for timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: We have put in place a team of experts who answer all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more