External link to a. Dawns experience tutoring students led her to teaching. What other experiences in peoples lives
External link to a. Many LGBTQ students feel very isolated in schools because teachers, students, and counselors do..
The Bill of Rights Interview three or four friends (not in this class) and ask them to name 7 of the 10 amendments in the Bill of Rights. Tally the results and then answer the following questions: a. Did they seem to have a fairly complete understanding of the Bill of Rights? Why orwhy not? b. Were you surprised by the results? Why or why […]
External link to 1.Outline the characteristics of self-actualizing people proposed by Maslow. 2. What is the need…
Tying A rrangements You are a federal prosecutor who is part of a team that is bringing charges against a large software company. Over the years, this company is alleged to have forced distributors to buy its products in quantities that are dictated by the company, to refuse to buy from other companies, and to install only its products on computers that they sell. As […]
External link to 1. Which of the following statement about marijuana is not true ? (a) Its physiological effects are.
School Violence Joshua has repeatedly teased and harassed Colin at their high school. On one occasion, Joshua and some other people abducted Colin and tied him to the flag post, partially nude, for everyone to see. Colin wanted to get even, so he decided to scare Joshua. One morning before school, Colin drove his car at high speed directly at Joshua, intending to stop just […]
External link to 1. The sounds of the, chi, and ph. are (a) Phonemes (b) Semantics (c) Morphemes (d) Syntax 2..
1. If so, would the charges be constitutional violations or common law crimes? 2. If placed on trial, could Strayer and Powers admit what they did but claim justification for their actions?
External link to 1. Our conception of events as we think will probably be called (a) A non-compensatory model (b) An.
Protection against Cybercrime You have heard that a new cybercrime has affected several other parts of the country but that prosecutors are unable to press charges because the crime has not been added to their statutes and there is no legal precedent (i.e., common law). You do not want your jurisdiction to have the same problem, and it is clear that this crime could easily […]
External link to a. How might the analysis of the case of George have been enhanced by incorporating transcripts of..
Assuming that enough probable cause existed to support a lawful arrest for murder, should the district attorney present this circumstantial evidence case to a grand jury, obtain an indictment, and bring the case to trial?
External link to a. What might it be like, as a client, to read Sceptic or Affirmative briefs that dispute your…
1. Why do public order offenses exist, and how do they differ from more serious crimes? 2. What is the history of vagrancy laws, and why are they no longer in common use today? 3. Why is speeding a strict liability offense?
External link to The clients who collaborated with Kim Etherington had undergone sustained sexual abuse in childhood,
1. When does an omission constitute an act for purposes of criminal responsibility? 2. What is the difference between the MPCs definitions of acting purposely and acting knowingly? 3. According to the MPC, when does a person act recklessly? Negligently?
External link to What therapy theory or model would you like to explore? This might be a new concept, or an aspect of
Prosecution You are a prosecutor closing a case against a man charged with murdering his wife. Although the defendant claims to be a recovered alcoholic, you have the option of bringing in character witnesses who can testify to his violent behavior while he drank. You believe that this evidence will guaranteea conviction. You know that the defense will protest this evidence as irrelevant, but you […]
External link to Choose one clinical case study that is of interest to you. How convincing is the account of the…
1. What are the differences among prostitution, solicitation, and patronizing a prostitute? 2. What is the difference between pimping and pandering? 3. What forms of legal gambling exist today, and under what circumstances?
External link to What are the statements in the report that jump out at me? What makes these statements so…
If I Cant Have You Bertha shot and killed her husband and his lover after discovering them having sex in his car. When an officer came to her house toinform Bertha that her husband had been shot, Bertha broke down and admitted she did it. She also admitted that she had purchased a gun illegally because she suspected her husband of cheating. This confession took […]
External link to Case study evidence can be used to disconfirm theory as well as to build it. Reflect on the…
Accomplice Liability You are a police officer and are the first to arrive at the scene of a bank robbery in progress. You are able to catch and arrest the robbers. Once they are in custody and you begin interviewing witnesses for additional information, you discover that the teller who received the holdup note personally knows two of the robbers. She informs you that several […]
External link to Identify an area of practice in which you are familiar with current research evidence. This could be
1. Why are parents and guardians more liable for child abuse than others? 2. What are some ways that social workers can respond to child neglect? To child physical abuse? To child emotional maltreatment? 3. Who is usually the perpetrator in elder abuse cases, and why?
External link to How successful are the various strategies that have been introduced in the Pragmatic Case Studies in
Cheeseburger Bribes? Janene, a volunteer for her suburban towns Police Explorer program, takes a break from her shift to eat lunch at Burgerland, a fast food restaurant. When the Burgerland manager sees her in full uniform, he groans and says, You Explorers and cops are always coming in here, at least a dozen times a day. I know if I dont feed you I wont […]
External link to a. Identify a case-based research study that you might like to carry out yourself. What kinds of…
1. Did Strayer violate the wounded suspects constitutional rights by choking him and subjecting him to the water boarding? 2. If so, what constitutional right did he violate? 3. Could the suspects statements be used against him were he prosecuted in a court of law?
External link to a. Are there any unique ethical issues arising from on-line publication of psychotherapy case…
1. What is the difference between a misdemeanor violation and a felony violation for tax evasion? 2. When is an act in furtherance of a scheme to defraud? 3. Explain the role of material omissions and misrepresentations according to the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
External link to Imagine that you have carried out a therapy case study, and are now in a position to invite the…
1. If the district attorney believed Johanson was guilty but also believed a jury would acquit him, should he proceed to trial or wait in the expectation that other evidence may be developed? 2. Should the court suppress Garnetts hospital identification of Smith as too suggestive?
External link to Most of the literature around ethical issues associated with case study research has been generated.
1. What are the two categories of accessories and principals? 2. How are accessories after the fact treated differently than principals under modern law? 3. How significant must ones actions be for one to be culpable as an accomplice?
External link to Identify one type of client difficulty (e.g., depression, anxiety, PTSD) that interests you, in…
Vagrancy Statutes You work for the prosecutors office in a fairly large midwestern city. A big political convention is coming to your city, and your police chief has been getting pressure from the mayor to crack down on homeless people and prostitutes. As a result, the police initiated a comprehensive sweep by using a vagrancy ordinance that prohibits, among other things, common night walkers, persons […]
External link to Identify a theoretical model that is of interest to you. Think about what has been written about…
The officer would not be allowed to testify about the husbands statement because it was self-serving and made after the husband had an opportunity to reflect or to contrive Regarding the officers rebuttal testimony, which of the following would be correct?
External link to a. What are the advantages and disadvantages of a quasi-judicial approach to analysing a rich case..
1. How can some actions be torts and crimes at the same time, and what is the essential difference between torts and crimes? 2. What is a voluntary, willed act? 3. What is the difference between thinking about committing an act and acting on the thought?
External link to Entering the experience of a client in a case study Readers of this book are likely also to be…
1. He would be allowed to testify about his observation of the red marks and about the womans second statement because she had calmed down by the time she made that statement. 2. The officer would be allowed to testify about the husbands statement because it was a spontaneous statement.
External link to a. To what extent are the same, or different ethical issues raised by the publication of narrative..
Abuse A young homeless woman and her baby arrive at a church for shelter. An older woman who lives alone and is a member of the church offers to take them in and provide them with food and shelter until the young mother can find a job and get back on her feet. After about one week, the young woman begins to act strangely and […]
External link to In what ways have case studies influenced your own practice as a therapist? Take a few minutes to…
Involuntary In toxication You are a patrol officer and have just arrested a defendant for vehicular manslaughter. He was driving his car when he drove off the road, hitting and killing a pedestrian. The defendant is clearly under the influence of some substance, although you do not know what it is. Later that evening, when the defendant sobers up, he tells you that he was […]
External link to One of the significant advances in case study methodology has been the application of the…
Last Act Test While on duty as a municipal police officer, you observe a female and two males sitting in a vehicle parked across the street from a bank. When you get closer to the vehicle, you observe the female holding a handgun. As you are in the process of arresting the female for possession of a firearm, you observe a bank employee drive up […]
External link to Should case studies be included in evidence reviews? Reflect on research reviews that you have read,
Moleski Limited, a private company following ASPE, includes one coupon in each box of soap powder that it produces, and 10 coupons are redeemable for a premium (a kitchen utensil). In 2020, Moleski purchased 8,800 premiums at $0.90 each and sold 120,000 boxes of soap powder at $3.30 per box. In total, 44,000 coupons were presented for redemption in 2020. It is estimated that 60% […]
External link to What is the range of convenience of n=1 methodology, in respect of research into non-CBT therapy..
On January 1, 2020, Logan Limited had shares outstanding as follows: To acquire the net assets of three smaller companies, the company authorized the issuance of an additional 330,000 common shares. The acquisitions were as follows: On May 14, 2020, Logan realized a $97,000 gain (before tax) on a discontinued operation from a business segment that had originally been purchased in 2000. On December 31, […]
External link to a. To what extent might the process of asking clients to approve the publication of case reports…
Information from the statement of financial position and statement of income is given below for North Road Inc., a company following IFRS, for the year ended December 31. North Road has adopted the policy of classifying interest paid as operating activities and dividends paid as financing activities. Additional information: 1. Investments in land were sold at a gain during 2020. 2. Equipment costing $56,000 was […]
External link to Reflect on clients with whom you have worked. In how many of these cases was it possible to identify
St. Thomas Auto Repairs is preparing the financial statements for the year ended November 30, 2020. As the accountant, you are looking over the information regarding short-term liabilities, and determining the amounts that should be reported on the balance sheet. St. Thomas Auto Repairs reports under ASPE. The following information regarding new corporate initiatives has been brought to your attention. 1. St. Thomas printed a […]
Laurin Limited had 42,000 common shares outstanding on January 1, 2020. On March 1, 2020, Laurin issued 20,000 shares in exchange for equipment. On July 1, Laurin repurchased and cancelled 10,000 shares. On October 1, 2020, Laurin declared and issued a 10% stock dividend. Calculate the weighted average number of shares outstanding for Laurin for the year ended December 31, 2020. Round to the nearest […]