External link to An emergency department patient with severe pain thought to be of gastrointestinal origin received..
External link to Relative to ciprofloxacin, levofloxacin has improved activity against (A) Bacteroides fragilis (B)..
1. Which sensor does the TP sensor back up if the PCM determines that a failure has occurred? a. Oxygen sensor c. MAP sensor b. MAF sensor d. Either b or c 2. Which wire on a TP sensor should be back-probed to check the voltage signal to the PCM? & 1. Which sensor does the TP sensor back up if the PCM determines that a […]
External link to A 43-year-old woman with type 2 diabetes and hypertension visits your clinic. Her current blood…
Nutrition Intervention 1. Determine the appropriate intervention for each nutrition diagnosis. 2. Based on the criteria established in Jensen et al.s article as well as the consensus statement from AND and ASPEN, what type of malnutrition is Mr. Campbell experiencing? Provide the specific criteria that support your diagnosis.
External link to A 35-year-old man presented with lethargy, weight gain, and muscle weakness. Lab findings confirm…
1. Discuss the etiology and risk factors for development of ulcer disease. 2. Identify classes of medications used to treat ulcer disease and determine possible drug nutrient interactions. 3. Describe surgical procedures used to treat refractory ulcer disease and explain common nutritional problems associated with this treatment.
External link to Persons who regularly ingest three or more alcoholic drinks daily can develop severe hepatotoxicity.
Cryoprecipitate may be used to correct a deficiency of all the following except: a. Factor I b. Factor VII c. Factor VIII d. VonWillebrands factor
External link to A 65-year-old man with cardiomyopathy has recurrent congestive heart failure with reduced ejection..
A teenage patient is scheduled for an orthopedic procedure that may require transfusion. The patient donated two units of autologous red cells that are being held for transfusion. The surgery is postponed due to a family emergency and cannot be rescheduled for three weeks. At this point, the units of blood will have expired. What alternatives exist for this patient?
External link to A 37-year-old woman with leukemia was undergoing chemotherapy with intravenous antineoplastic drugs.
An anti-Jka will react more strongly with: a. cell 1 b. cell 2 c. cells 1 and 2
External link to A 58-year-old postmenopausal woman was sent for dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry to evaluate the…
Reverse grouping cells are manufactured from: 1. group O cells 2. group A cells 3. group AB cells 4. Rh positive cells 5. Rh negative cells a. 1 and 4 are correct b. 1 and 5 are correct c. 2 and 4 are correct d. 2 and 5 are correct e. 3 and 4 are correct f. 3 and 5 are correct
External link to Which antimalarial drug can cause a dose-dependent toxic state that includes blurred vision,…
Pheresis is performed to collect a specific component. The component that cannot be collected with pheresis is: a. granulocytes b. erythrocytes c. plasma d. cryoprecipitate
External link to Which of the following best describes a glucocorticoid response element? (A) A protein regulator…
Post-transfusion red blood cell survival requirements are: a. 90% survival 24 hours post-transfusion b. 80% survival 12 hours post-transfusion c. 75% survival 24 hours post-transfusion d. 50% survival 12 hours post-transfusion
External link to A semiconscious patient in the intensive care unit is being artificially ventilated. Random…
The test that mixes unknown serum with unknown cells is: a. direct antiglobulin test b. antibody screen c. antibody identification d. compatibility test
External link to A patient is discharged from the hospital after a myocardial infarction. He had been receiving small
Cytokines have multiple immunologic functions. Cytokines DO NOT initiate: a. chemotaxis b. cell migration c. antibody secretion d. fever
External link to Which of the following is an important effect of insulin? (A) Increased conversion of amino acids…
A TV commercial shows a video of an attractive young couple running barefoot on a beach while a voice says, ABC multivitamin supplementsjust one a day for the rest of your life. Identify the motivational appeals contained in the commercial.
External link to More than 90% of this drug is excreted in the urine in intact form. Because its urinary solubility..
A patient presents with hives and itching ½ hour into his transfusion of packed red blood cells. The following step should be taken: a. discontinue the transfusion and proceed with a transfusion reaction work up b. discontinue the transfusion until all symptoms resolve c. continue transfusion after medicating with antihistamine d. continue monitoring patient after medicating with broad spectrum antibiotics
External link to A 10-year-old American girl presented to the emergency department with fever, chills, lethargy, and.
A donor is evaluated for possible exposure to CJD. A deferral could be based on which of the following characteristics: 1. dura matter transplant 2. lived in Europe for two years in her teens 3. human pituitary growth hormone administration 4. stationed on a military base in Germany 3/84 through 5/85 5. spent eight weeks in England May and June 1999 a. patient acceptable for […]
External link to A patient is admitted to a hospital emergency department 2 h after taking an overdose of diazepam…
1. The throttle body may be cleaned (if recommended by the vehicle manufacturer) if what conditions are occurring? a. Coast-down stall b. Rough idle c. Lower-than-normal idle speed d. Any of the above 2. If Three of Six Injectors Are Defective, Should I Also Replace the Other Three? 3. List the ways fuel injectors can be tested.
External link to In comparing the characteristics of thioridazine with other first generation antipsychotic drugs,…
A compatible crossmatch is: a. mixed field reaction at AHG phase with positive reaction with Coombs control cells b. negative at immediate spin; 1+ at AHG c. negative at the AHG phase; negative with Coombs control cells d. negative at AHG phase; positive with Coombs control cells
External link to A 55-year-old executive has hypertension and cardiac hypertrophy. He is being treated with…
1. Which Internet search option returns results in order of relevance, with the most relevant at the top? 2. Where can you find research apps that are not available to the general public? 3. Which kinds of blogs are most useful to a researcher?
External link to A 31-year-old man has gonorrhea. He has no drug allergies, but a few years ago acute hemolysis…
Choose the correct statements regarding the weak D test: 1. donors must always have a weak D test performed 2. recipients must always have a weak D test performed 3. donors do not require a weak D test performed 4. recipients do not require a weak D test performed a. 1 and 2 are correct b. 1 and 4 are correct c. 2 and 3 […]
External link to A new drug for the prophylaxis of asthma is under development in a pharmaceutical company. Before…
Phototherapy is most useful for which of the following antibodies: a. Anti-A b. Anti-D c. Anti-K d. Anti-S
External link to Long-term use of meperidine for analgesia is avoided because the accumulation of a metabolite,…
The folded nature of the _____ antigen prevents enzymatic degradation. a. Duffy b. Lewis c. Kell d. Kidd
External link to You are rotating in the emergency department. Your attending asks you which of the following toxic..
A.Why does a confidence interval contain more information than the result of a single hypothesis test? B. What is a scatter plot? What statistical features of a dataset can be represented using a scatterplot diagram? C. Sketch a hypothetical scatterplot for a sample of size 10 for two random variables with a population correlation of (a) 1.0; (b) -1.0; (c) 0.9; (d) -0.5; and (e) […]
External link to After ingestion of a meal that included sardines, cheese, and red wine, a patient taking phenelzine.
1. Understand how the specific purpose and the central idea fit into the overall design of a speech. 2.
External link to Among NSAIDs, aspirin is unique because it (A) Irreversibly inhibits its target enzyme (B) Prevents.
The antigen missing in the Rh negative individual is: a. C b. c c. D d. d
External link to A woman taking haloperidol developed a spectrum of adverse effects that included the…
1. What guidelines should be followed for a speech to an audience that knows little or nothing about your topic? 2. What might happen if you give a speech that is different from the one the audience was expecting?
External link to Which statement about antitubercular drugs is accurate? (A) Antimycobacterial actions of…
A student anticipating study abroad has received vaccinations 30 days, previously. The vaccines he received were: a. Varicella b. Typhoid (oral) c. Hepatitis A and B d. Polio (oral) Discuss whether the student may donate at this time. If the donor is deferred, state which vaccine(s) caused this deferral and in what time frame he will again be eligible as a donor. her blood was […]
External link to Serious cardiac effects have occurred when this drug was taken by patients using the antihistamines.
For her next speech in a public speaking class, Adrienne wants to recycle the key materials that she developed in a research paper in a psychology class last semester. Which course of action should she take?
External link to Rejection of heart transplants has occurred in patients being treated with standard doses of…
1. If a man takes off his sunglasses, I can hear him better, says writer Hugh Prather. Explain the meaning of this statement in terms of public speaking. 2. A newspaper reporter once wrote that an executive read from a speech with the passion of an assistant principal announcing the weeks school lunch menu. Describe how you think the speaker sounded.
External link to Which sign or symptom is most likely to occur with marijuana? (A) Bradycardia (B) Conjunctival…
1. How should you handle a listener who casts doubt on some of your facts and figures? 2. How many times should a speaker practice going through the entire speech? 3. Why should a speech be learned and practiced point by point, instead of word for word? 4. What are the best and worst colors for clothes worn in a video?
External link to A 24-year-old woman was found to have mild hyperthyroidism due to Graves disease. She appears to be
Using the Punnett Square below, choose the correct representation of phenotypes of the offspring. The gene expression is codominant: a. 33% AB; 33% A; 33% B b. 25% AB; 25% A; 50% B c. 50% AB; 25% A; 25% B d. 25% AB; 50% A; 25% B
Red cells that are used for reverse grouping are: a. enzyme treated b. saline suspended c. suspended in gel d. lectins