Compare and contrast the key similarities and differences between the crime of assault with a deadly weapon and the crime of felonious and aggravated battery.
Assignment 3: Assault, Battery, and Crimes against Persons
Review the following scenario in order to complete this assignment:
(A) is walking to towards her car in the shopping mall parking lot when a man suddenly jumps in front of her, points a knife in her face, and demands her purse. The attacker strikes (A) and rips the handle of her purse. Fortunately, (A) took self-defense class and hits the attacker with her knee and fists, keeps her purse, and runs to safety.
Use the Internet or Strayer databases to research assault, battery, and crimes against persons.
Write a four to six (3) page paper in which you:
1. Compare and contrast the key similarities and differences between the crime of assault with a deadly weapon and the crime of felonious and aggravated battery. Provide one (1) example of each crime to support your response.
2. Determine whether or not the jurisdiction in which the crime has occurred should consider the mans actions as assault. Next, determine whether or not the jurisdiction should punish the mans actions as battery. Justify your response.
3. Suggest one (1) different fact pattern that would change the scenario from felonious and aggravated assault and / or battery to simple assault. Support the validity of your response.
Consider the following change to the scenario. (A) is forced at knifepoint into her car and made to drive the suspect away from the mall, where they encounter a police roadblock. (A) is not allowed to leave the car, despite the police negotiators demand that she be allowed to exit the car.
1. Discuss the crime of kidnapping. Next, debate whether or not the suggested change in Question 3 would allow the court to convict the attacker for the crime of kidnapping. Provide a rationale to support your response.
2. Differentiate between the crimes of hostage taking and kidnapping. Support or critique the notion that one of the two crimes is more serious than the other. Justify your response.
Consider the following change to the scenario. (A) and the attacker are romantically linked and are having an argument in the shopping mall parking lot. (A) pulls a knife from her purse and swings it at the attacker.
1. Debate whether or not (A)s action would require the attacker to defend himself. Provide a rationale to support your response. https://samples.eliteacademicessays.com/professional-code-of-ethics-2/
2. Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar types of websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
· Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow SWS or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the students name, the professors name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more