Assignment 2: Patient Centric Healthcare Practices
Week 7 and worth 130 points
You are the CEO of a healthcare organization and there has recently been a huge outbreak of “super bugs” that have been identified in your hospital. You need to present a report to your staff about this outbreak. Since you’re not sure of the exact “bug” that has infiltrated your hospital you need to do some research of diseases or health conditions that exhibit the symptoms of the “super bug” you have encountered. You decide to go the ICD10 Code website found at: http://www.icd10data.com/ICD10CM/Codes and research the code or codes that best represent this “super bug” so you can include them within your staff report. You will write a five to six (5-6) page staff report in which you:
1. Select five (5) possible codes that could be related to the “super bug” and discuss how they relate to the symptoms you have seen patients exhibiting.
2. Assess three (3) reasons why the federal government changed from the ICD9 coding system to the more detailed ICD10 system used today.
3. Choose two (2) examples of a Patient Centric Healthcare Practice and propose three (3) ways patient centric technology could be used to increase patient access to quality healthcare.
4. Suggest three (3) ways that HIMS can improve the patient experience within a healthcare organization or healthcare provider.
5. Predict three (3) ways you would use Patient Centric Healthcare practice principles to improve quality care measures within your organization
6. Use at least four (4) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources. Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length. The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Determine the main features and capabilities of patient care applications, management and enterprise systems, e-Health applications, and strategic decision-support applications within the health care setting.
Analyze the process of developing a strategic information system plan and determine its basic components.
Demonstrate an understanding of the systems development life cycle as it pertains to both the development of a custom application and the selection of proprietary systems.
Assess the need for and determine the methods of accomplishing the security of information systems.
Use technology and information resources to research issues in health information systems.
Write clearly and concisely about health information systems using proper writing mechanics.
smartcustomessays.com Plagiarism Free Papers
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\’ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire smartcustomessays.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more